Frequently Asked Questions
1. Question: There is an error in the obituary, what do I do?
Answer: Resubmit your obituary online if it is before the deadline and your updated obituary will be published for the following day publication.
2. Question: I'm trying to find an obituary that previously published in your newspaper. Where can I find it?
Answer: You can search obituaries at fredericksburg.com/obituaries/ or contact our Obituary Specialist at 540/374-5410
3. Question: How do I know if the photo is acceptable?
Answer: In order to get the very best picture printed, please make sure the photo is cropped, or use our crop tool, to just show the face of your loved one. We accept *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.gif, *.eps, *.tif, *.png, *pdf formats.
4. How long will my obit notice state on Fredericksburg.com?
Answer: At this time, obituaries do not have an expiration or end date. They are able to be search indefinitely.
5. How do I submit an obituary if I am not a funeral home?
Answer: This is not a problem as long as you are confident the funeral home will not be submitting on your behalf. Please reference our GUIDE TO WRITING AN OBITUARY
tab and see SPECIAL NOTE guidelines for family-submitted obituary.