Frequently Asked Questions
1. Question: There is an error in the obituary, what do I do?
Answer: Resubmit your obituary online if it is before the deadline and your updated obituary will be published for the following day publication.
2. Question: I�m trying to find an obituary that previously published in your newspaper. Where can I find it?
Answer: You can search obituaries at fredericksburg.com/obituaries/ or contact our Obituary Specialist at 540/374-5410
3. Question: How do I know if the photo is acceptable?
Answer: In order to get the very best picture printed, please make sure the photo is cropped, or use our crop tool, to just show the face of your loved one.� We accept *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.gif, *.eps, *.tif, *.png, *pdf formats.
4. How long will my obit notice state on Fredericksburg.com?
Answer: At this time, obituaries do not have an expiration or end date. They are able to be search indefinitely.
5. How do I submit an obituary if I am not a funeral home?
Answer: This is not a problem as long as you are confident the funeral home will not be submitting on your behalf. Please reference our �GUIDE TO WRITING AN OBITUARY�
tab and see SPECIAL NOTE guidelines for family-submitted obituary.